Diane Bishop opened Ladies of Liberty Mercantile in January 2009. The shop closed in 2018 so Diane could pursue new adventures.
She has been a quilter for years and a Civil War reenactor for over 25 years! So her love of quilting and history were the inspriations for the shop.
Ladies of Liberty Mercantile was located in Historic Downtown Independence, Oregon. The shop was housed in a 1884 building that was a dry goods store until 1940.